Mother of Good Counsel is committed to preparing students for the future by providing an education congruent with Gospel values and teachings of the Catholic Church. In a world of rapid change, Mother of Good Counsel School provides students with an education that empowers them to take their place in the world as spiritual, moral and well-integrated people who contribute positively to the life of the church and wider community. A Christ-centred orientation is evident in all aspects of school life including relationships, structures, celebrations and routines, as well as the formal curriculum.
Mother of Good Counsel School responds to the educational, societal, pastoral and spiritual needs of students through a curriculum that promotes high-quality education for all students, creating successful learners who are confident and creative individuals as well as active and informed citizens of the 21st Century. Staff atMother of Good Counsel School are committed to educating the whole child.
As a learning community, Mother of Good Counsel believes:
- Learners have a right to receive respect from other learners, staff, families and the wider community
- The learning environment is a place where students’ learning is encouraged and challenged
- Learning should be fun, challenging and engaging
- Students learn at their own pace and in their own style to reach their full potential (spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally and physically)
- Students’ individual needs are catered for and each learner is valued as unique, having their own talents and strengths
- All learners are encouraged to reach their full potential
- Learners are empowered when nurtured and encouraged to be confident, critical, reflective and creative thinkers.