Enrolment enquiries and applications are welcome at any time throughout the year. Applications for Prep enrolments are accepted up to two years prior to starting.
Prep interviews are conducted at the beginning of the year preceding and confirmation of enrolment is provided as soon as possible after interview.
Applications for Years 1-6 are welcome throughout the year.
|Step 1:||Submit An Application using the Online Enrolment Form with documents listed on the form’s Parent Checklist:
Copy of relevant specialist reports / medical information
|Step 2:||The School responds
The School will acknowledge receipt of your application and advise you of anything else that is required to assist in considering the application.
|Step 3:||An interview is arranged
An interview is necessary as part of the enrolment process. Students and parents are required to attend the interview.
Enrolment will be dependent upon vacancies and the school’s physical and human resources available at the time. The Application for Enrolment Form and all other forms as required must be completed by the parents or the legal guardians and submitted prior to the interview.
|Step 4:||Being Offered and Accepting a place
If your application is successful, the Principal will make you an offer of enrolment.
Parents then accept the offer.
Once a child’s enrolment position is confirmed a $100 ‘holding fee’ is applied which will be deducted from the first set of school fees.
As a Catholic Primary School, Mother of Good Counsel is obliged to accept children transferring from another Catholic school, if the school has the capacity to do so.
In addition to the information contained on the enrolment form, parents should notify the school of:
- Reports from previous schools
- Details of issues relating to the child’s health e.g. special allergies, treatment, etc.
- Details of any disability, impairment or syndrome the child has
- Details of medication to be administered while at school. Please note the legislative requirements for medication given during school time
- Reasons why the child cannot participate in learning, sporting or cultural activities
- Reasons why the child may not be performing as well as he/she should.
It is necessary that parents be open about these matters, so we can work in partnership, in the best interests of each child.
For more information on Enrolling your Child click here.